Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

iPads controlled by MDM

I have 60 ipads that were controlled by an MDM. We no longer use MDM to control the ipads. Unfortunately they did not release the iPads from the MDM controller. I am unable to reuse the iPads becasue of them still registered to MDM. Is there a way to recover the iPads so I can use them for other purposes.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 5:57 AM

Devices that are supervised/configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device(s).

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2023 5:57 AM in response to RTRepko

Devices that are supervised/configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device(s).

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

iPads controlled by MDM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.