Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ports on Mac mini M1 - clarifying questions on power, audio, speeds

I am trying to get to know my new Mac mini better. My understanding of the ports is as follows:

- Video output (max 2 monitors at a time):

• HDMI 2.0 not capable of 2.0a HDR or later i.e. 2.0b or 2.1 but can output 4k resolution
  • Thunderbolt 3/USB 4 port with support for DisplayPort 1.4 or HDMI 2.0b HRD up to 6k resolution
  • and up to 40 Gb/s or 5000 MB/S on T3/USB 4. Of course these ports also support USB 3.1 Gen 2 of 10 Gb/s and USB 3.2 of 20 Gb/s 

Not sure at what refresh rate the max standards can handle on each of these ports

- Gigabit Ethernet port

- 3.5 mm headphone jack - assume not capable of balanced stereo with 5 conductors but can't find info hereon

- Data etc (incl video as above):

• Two Thunderbolt 3/USB 4 ports with support for DisplayPort 1.4 and up to 40 Gb/s ( 5000 MB/S) on T3/USB 4. Of course these ports are also backwards compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 2 of 10 Gb/s and USB 3.2 of 20 Gb/s - Can't figure out how much power delivery in watt these ports offer
  • Two USB-A 3.0 (also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1) ports up to 5 Gb/s (625 MB/S). Assume capable of delivering up to 9w power

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 2:39 AM

Mac mini (M1, 2020) - Technical specifications

"One display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz connected via Thunderbolt and one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz connected via HDMI 2.0"

1 reply

Ports on Mac mini M1 - clarifying questions on power, audio, speeds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.