Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto and Photos - sharing photos by Mail

Hello,

With the upcoming replacement of her iMac I am trying to convince my wife to stop using iPhoto (which might well not work on her new MacBook Pro 13" M1 BigSur) and switch to Photos.

I have a nasty question though that I have to answer to finish convincing her :

• in iPhoto, sharing photos by Mail allows you to insert the photos in the message according to a number of predefined templates : 'classic', 'collage', 'postcard', etc.
  • in Photos this seems not to exist. The shared photos are just inserted into a message and that's all you get (equivalent to the 'classic' template of iPhoto)

My question : in Photos, when sharing photos by Mail is there a way to replicate the 'templates' feature of iPhoto ?

Many thanks in advance.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 6:05 AM

iPhoto will no longer run on Big Sur. She must not upgrade beyond macOS 10.14.6 Mojave, if she wants to stick with iPhoto.

There is no replacement for the nice iPhoto mail templates in Photos for Mac. I am using Pages or Keynote to create a greeting card with Photos. Then I export the finished document as a PDF file for mailing.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 6:05 AM in response to nunof

iPhoto will no longer run on Big Sur. She must not upgrade beyond macOS 10.14.6 Mojave, if she wants to stick with iPhoto.

There is no replacement for the nice iPhoto mail templates in Photos for Mac. I am using Pages or Keynote to create a greeting card with Photos. Then I export the finished document as a PDF file for mailing.

iPhoto and Photos - sharing photos by Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.