Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting message that says iPad Os 14.4 failed because I’m not connected to the Internet. I have been trying for well over 2 weeks to download the update

Why can’t I update my iPad Pro to 14.4

Getting message that says iPad Os 14.4 failed because I’m not connected to the Internet. I have been trying for well over 2 weeks to download the update

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 10:02 AM

If your iPad is capable of being updated to a more recent version of iOS/iPadOS than is currently installed, these support pages outline both the available methods by which the update can be performed - and troubleshooting should you experience difficulties:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties with updating your iPad, using a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS) to perform the update may resolve the issue.

You may also have an issue with your WiFi Router unexpectedly blocking access to some internet server resources. A restart of the router may prove to be helpful.

To restart you home router, disconnect power - then wait at least 30 seconds before restarting. When you router has rebooted (which may take several minutes), force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 10:02 AM in response to NurseJVPS_22

If your iPad is capable of being updated to a more recent version of iOS/iPadOS than is currently installed, these support pages outline both the available methods by which the update can be performed - and troubleshooting should you experience difficulties:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties with updating your iPad, using a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS) to perform the update may resolve the issue.

You may also have an issue with your WiFi Router unexpectedly blocking access to some internet server resources. A restart of the router may prove to be helpful.

To restart you home router, disconnect power - then wait at least 30 seconds before restarting. When you router has rebooted (which may take several minutes), force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.