Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I create an iMovie at 720 x 480?

how do I create an iMovie in the proportions of 720 x 480?

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 11:59 AM

Hi, MantheyLM,

Place a 720 x 480 video clip (not photo) in the timeline as the very first video clip added to a newly created project. That will set the resolution at 720 x 480. You will get that option in the export window then you share out the movie.

However, iMovie's aspect ratio of 16:9 will not and cannot be changed in the final product. To fit the 16:9 aspect ratio the movie will either be cropped or black bars will be added to the top and/or bottom of the image.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 11:59 AM in response to MantheyLM

Hi, MantheyLM,

Place a 720 x 480 video clip (not photo) in the timeline as the very first video clip added to a newly created project. That will set the resolution at 720 x 480. You will get that option in the export window then you share out the movie.

However, iMovie's aspect ratio of 16:9 will not and cannot be changed in the final product. To fit the 16:9 aspect ratio the movie will either be cropped or black bars will be added to the top and/or bottom of the image.

-- Rich

can I create an iMovie at 720 x 480?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.