Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 macbook air (big sur problem)

I have a new MacBook Air M1 computer

And I forgot the activation code

There is no iCloud

It is just a password to login

And when I try to reinstall the system

It didn't work for me, it stops at the stage itself,

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 2:58 PM

3 replies

Feb 3, 2021 6:33 AM in response to samoaz

Hi samoaz,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you forgot the password to log into your Mac, and you are unable to continue installing macOS on your MacBook Air with Apple Silicon. We're happy to see how we can help.

You mentioned forgetting an activation code. What code are you referring to specifically? At what point did it ask you for that code? There is Activation Lock available on Mac but that is offered through Find My, and you mentioned you do not have iCloud setup on this Mac.

We understand you are not using an Apple ID account in iCloud on this Mac, so did you perhaps forget the password for the user account to log in? If so, this article should help: Change or reset the password of a macOS user account

It also looks like you're in macOS Recovery. What are you trying to accomplish within macOS Recovery? Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple silicon. Were you trying to complete a macOS update? Or, completely reinstall macOS for some reason?

The more details you can provide to the Community, the better chance we have of assisting you most effectively.

Best regards.

Feb 7, 2021 6:17 AM in response to samoaz

samoaz,

Thanks for the update!

It looks like you attempted to revive or restore your Mac with Apple Silicon using Apple Configurator 2 but it failed. Please review each step on this support page to ensure it was executed properly: Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon with Apple Configurator 2

If this continues to fail, please reach out to Apple Support directly for more guidance, using this link: Get Support

Take care.

Feb 4, 2021 4:12 AM in response to Sharon_419

I have tried to install the system more than ten times, the process fails at the installation stage, which comes after the download stage

I switched off the device and try again tomorrow

But suddenly, for no reason, I found the Mac in a strange situation

Which is the Ristor mode because, as I have read, it has lost all the essential profiles

I connected my Mac to a second Mac via the Thunderbolt port

Install Apple Configurator 2.13.3, which is the latest version

The system in the Mac 2 is the latest version of Big Sur

I start my Mac into DFU mode but it won't respond

It works and gives a message

Apple.com/mac/restore

But the strange thing is that despite this situation, it does give a signal to the second Mac on the program Converator, but it is not in the dfu mode

And I tried to refresh the Mac in the mode of Revive

It is useless, it loads files in the second stage, decompresses files in the third stage, and stops because he cannot install the file in the fourth stage and gives a strange message

M1 macbook air (big sur problem)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.