Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

start page numbers on different page

Using pages 10.3.9 in 2021. I want the page numbers to start on page with 1 on the third page of my document. I put the cursor on the page I want the numbering to begin, click on document, click on section. Page numbering remains grey so I can't do it that way. Then it mentions a format pop up which is where? There just doesn't seem to be a straight forward way to do this. Help please. Thanks

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 12:07 AM

Hi Diane,

Click on the third page of your document, then click on the Document button to open the Document Inspector.

Near the bottom of the inspector panel, select Create a new section and Starting with this page.

The Inspector panel should switch to the Section panel. Uncheck the box indicated below:

Some options on the next step:

If you want the page numbers to be inserted in the center box of the Footer boxes at the bottom of the page, click the Insert Page number pop-up, and choose a format from the list (as shown below).

If you want the page numbers in a different location, click the header or footer box where they are to be displayed, and click the style you want in the pop-up list that appears in the tag by that box. Note that the number 3 will be olaced in the box on this page. Do not despair!

When you insert the page number, the Insert page number bar will change:

Click to set the Start at: radio button, and, if necessary, set the number in the stepper to 1.

Inspector panels shown are from an earlier version (3.6) of Numbers. Yours will likely look different, but should include the same choices.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 12:07 AM in response to Diane1349

Hi Diane,

Click on the third page of your document, then click on the Document button to open the Document Inspector.

Near the bottom of the inspector panel, select Create a new section and Starting with this page.

The Inspector panel should switch to the Section panel. Uncheck the box indicated below:

Some options on the next step:

If you want the page numbers to be inserted in the center box of the Footer boxes at the bottom of the page, click the Insert Page number pop-up, and choose a format from the list (as shown below).

If you want the page numbers in a different location, click the header or footer box where they are to be displayed, and click the style you want in the pop-up list that appears in the tag by that box. Note that the number 3 will be olaced in the box on this page. Do not despair!

When you insert the page number, the Insert page number bar will change:

Click to set the Start at: radio button, and, if necessary, set the number in the stepper to 1.

Inspector panels shown are from an earlier version (3.6) of Numbers. Yours will likely look different, but should include the same choices.

Regards,

Barry

start page numbers on different page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.