Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live photo wallpaper cropping error

Hello!

So I am attempting to set a photo I've taken as my lock screen wallpaper and having the live photo available for tap. But when I've set the photo and do the tap, the clip that plays is cropped entirely wrong and shows only on part of the screen, a large chunk of the the screen remains turns black.

The feature works fine with other photos. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 10:52 AM

Thank you for posting here in Apple Support Communities, PatrikVS.

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with a specific Live Photo that you're using as a wallpaper. You've come to the right place, we'd be happy to help. You mentioned that this does not happen to other Live Photos, by any chance, were those other Live Photos also cropped/edited? Have you tested the affected photo without cropping/editing it? Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

In addition to those questions, have you already restarted your iPhone? A simple restart can help refresh the iOS software, and it might be able to help.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2021 10:52 AM in response to PatrikVS

Thank you for posting here in Apple Support Communities, PatrikVS.

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with a specific Live Photo that you're using as a wallpaper. You've come to the right place, we'd be happy to help. You mentioned that this does not happen to other Live Photos, by any chance, were those other Live Photos also cropped/edited? Have you tested the affected photo without cropping/editing it? Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

In addition to those questions, have you already restarted your iPhone? A simple restart can help refresh the iOS software, and it might be able to help.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

Feb 7, 2021 7:30 AM in response to bailier

Hey.

Thanks for replying.

I've tried all the steps now. And as far as I can say it seems that this issue might be related to me editing of the photos, as you've noted. I've managed to use the photo as a live background by reverting back to original. But any sort of editing results in the same issue as before, be it color correction or cropping.

Very strange. Must be some sort of bug in the OS.

Anyways, thank you for the help.

For the most part, the issue is now sorted out.

Cheers! :-)

Live photo wallpaper cropping error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.