You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see iPhone XS screen in bright sunlight.

I cannot see my iPhone screen in the bright sunlight. This problem started about 4-5 months ago. Could I have a backlight issue? It is very noticeable when I'm taking photos. I can barely see the image or the camera controls.

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 7:35 AM

3 replies

Feb 3, 2021 10:53 AM in response to ohmy3js

Hi there ohmy3js,

We understand you're experiencing an issue viewing your iPhone XS screen in bright sunlight, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

First, try manually adjusting the brightness on your display with the steps here: Adjust the screen brightness and color on iPhone

Also, restart your iPhone, and test again.

Finally, check to see fi the issue persists with auto-brightness disabled.

Cheers!

Feb 21, 2021 12:27 PM in response to ohmy3js

ohmy3js,

Thanks for letting us know.

Next, create a current backup of your device: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, restore your iPhone to factory settings with a computer. This process will download and install a fresh copy of the operating system onto the device for you. Here’s how: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

After you’ve restored your iPhone, set it up as a new device, and test it out before restoring from a backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup 

Thanks!

Can't see iPhone XS screen in bright sunlight.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.