Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, the screenshot is really loud and annoying! I like having screenshots, but the sound is distracting to other family and co-workers. Turning off phone sound is not acceptable solution because then I miss calls. We need a way to disable this sound

How can I disable this sound forever? But still keep my volume on to receive calls or listen to music

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 11:06 AM

There is a sound switch on the left side of your phone. Flip it off, take your screenshot, then flip the switch back on so you don’t miss your calls. It takes a fraction of a second. I wouldn’t expect a software option for this anytime soon since the switch already makes it so incredibly easy.

1 reply

Hi, the screenshot is really loud and annoying! I like having screenshots, but the sound is distracting to other family and co-workers. Turning off phone sound is not acceptable solution because then I miss calls. We need a way to disable this sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.