Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ear piece volume low during call

When I make or receive calls, the volume on earpiece is very low. This is very irritating since I recently switched to iPhone and find this bug with in few months. Worst thing is this bug is present in iPhone from many years and yet Apple is unable to resolve it. It’s very hard to reach apple customer care on top of that. So, I’m thinking of selling my iPhone along with Apple Watch if I don’t find solution soon.

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 6:14 AM

Thanks for the feedback , But the issue was resolved after I visited the Apple service center. The receiver port was blocked by foreign particles and sound was ok after it was cleaned. Turns out it was my fault as I had wiped my phone clean with sanitizer quite a few times to clean it and this has led to blocking of receiver. Of course I did not mention this to service center people..

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 6:14 AM in response to Erica_S1

Thanks for the feedback , But the issue was resolved after I visited the Apple service center. The receiver port was blocked by foreign particles and sound was ok after it was cleaned. Turns out it was my fault as I had wiped my phone clean with sanitizer quite a few times to clean it and this has led to blocking of receiver. Of course I did not mention this to service center people..

Feb 3, 2021 2:09 PM in response to FrustratediPhoneuser123

Hi there FrustratediPhoneuser123,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with the sound quality of your receiver only when on phone calls, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To begin, do you notice the same issue with speakerphone or headphones?

Does the same thing occur if using FaceTime Audio?

If you play any other media such as videos or music, does the sound still seem low?

Finally, try removing any case or screen protector on your iPhone, and check to see if the sound issue persists.

Cheers!

Ear piece volume low during call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.