Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie

I had just finished editing my imovie for a soccer highlight reel. Now the whole movie all of a sudden deleted and so did a couple videos in the clip. The 5 clips and the whole movie is all deleted and i can’t find it anywhere. I want my movie back please because i have to submit it in a couple of days and this took me weeks to put together.

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 10:13 PM

Hi, alex,

Try looking in the iMovie Backups folder to retrieve your project.

To get to the iMovie Backups folder, follow this file path from the Finder menu:

Go/Home/Library/Containers/com.apple.iMovieApp/Data/Library/Caches/iMovieBackups

When you get there you will see a list of previous backups of your iMovie library.  Click on one dated just before your issue

started.  iMovie will open in that library.   Navigate to your projects browser (where your projects are displayed as icons) and see if your projects are intact.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 10:13 PM in response to alexahardie

Hi, alex,

Try looking in the iMovie Backups folder to retrieve your project.

To get to the iMovie Backups folder, follow this file path from the Finder menu:

Go/Home/Library/Containers/com.apple.iMovieApp/Data/Library/Caches/iMovieBackups

When you get there you will see a list of previous backups of your iMovie library.  Click on one dated just before your issue

started.  iMovie will open in that library.   Navigate to your projects browser (where your projects are displayed as icons) and see if your projects are intact.

-- Rich

imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.