Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro is restarting after closing the lid, and crashing right after

Recently my Macbook Pro started to behave unpredictably. After waking it up from standby mode by opening the lid, I see notifications that my computer restarted during that time from a crash. After logging in to my laptop, the system crashes entirely and takes me to the white screen telling me that something has gone wrong, please check the attached link. This happens each time I have my computer on standby for a long time such as overnight.

• I cleaned my laptop from the trash
  • repaired permissions
  • cleared PRAM NVRAM
  • did aid repair test on my hard drive (SSD)
  • installed the latest security update
  • reinstalled Catalina

Everything started when parts of my keyboard stopped working, then the internal 2nd hard drive disappeared (gone since then) and each time I reopen my laptop applications such as Dropbox running my CPU to the max.

Any idea what more I could do?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 7:46 PM

spjuver555 wrote:

I went to the extension library and erased those kext extensions. The problem still persists.

Then you likely have a hardware problem. Take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair center for evaluation.

Similar questions

10 replies

Feb 2, 2021 2:47 AM in response to spjuver555

Sounds like you have a hardware problem that needs to be evaluated by an Apple Store or Authorized Repair center.

Please copy the text of a kernel panic log and paste it into the Additional Text area in a reply (document icon in toolbar).

You should find the logs in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports. The name begins with Kernel. Any other logs in there are useless, so don’t bother posting those.

Macbook Pro is restarting after closing the lid, and crashing right after

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.