Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset a Macbook Pro with a forgotten password

We have a company owned Macbook Pro. The laptop was turned in by an ex colleague but now that I want to reinstall it or even turn it on I need a password. The old owner doesn't remember the password and is no help.

Rebooting with cmd+r is not working because first it needs the password. I can't get around the password screen. How do I reboot this?

Hopefully someone can help!

Regards,

Jaap

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 5:40 AM

jaap32 wrote:

We have a company owned Macbook Pro. The laptop was turned in by an ex colleague but now that I want to reinstall it or even turn it on I need a password. The old owner doesn't remember the password and is no help.

Rebooting with cmd+r is not working because first it needs the password. I can't get around the password screen. How do I reboot this?

Regards,

Jaap

I suspect you will have to get help from the IT depart of your company—

any managed device bound to Enterprise, mobile, active directory list, etc you do not necessarily have full admin permission to make modifications.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 5:40 AM in response to jaap32

jaap32 wrote:

Regards,

Jaap

I suspect you will have to get help from the IT depart of your company—

any managed device bound to Enterprise, mobile, active directory list, etc you do not necessarily have full admin permission to make modifications.

How to reset a Macbook Pro with a forgotten password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.