Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 10,5”, iOs 14.4 Stuttering

I am very bothered: my iPad was working perfectly until I decided to update.

Since I updated to iOs 14 the iPad became somewhat not responsive. I have problems with the touchscreen, taping is a nightmare, the iPad doesn’t recognize many touches.

This happens with fingers only, not with Apple pencil.

Anyone knows how to fix it?

If Apple doesn’t fix it, I will never buy another iPad. Planned obsolescence is unacceptable, especially if you have spent more than 1.000 € for a tablet!

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 6:30 AM

We’re not seeing widespread reports of issues with iPad Pro 10.5” and iPadOS 14.4. I have two such examples within immediate reach, neither of which are showing significant performance issues.

A forced-restart of your iPad may be helpful - as this will often resolve an isolated issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 6:30 AM in response to Svevam

We’re not seeing widespread reports of issues with iPad Pro 10.5” and iPadOS 14.4. I have two such examples within immediate reach, neither of which are showing significant performance issues.

A forced-restart of your iPad may be helpful - as this will often resolve an isolated issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

iPad Pro 10,5”, iOs 14.4 Stuttering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.