Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I'm transferring from my old iphone to the new one, should the sim card be in the new phone? Will data transfer when the old phone has no sim card in?

If I'm transferring from my old iphone to the new one, should the sim card be in the new phone? Will data transfer when the old phone has no sim card in? There is so much information on the internet. Can you give me quick, sure way to move to my new iphone please?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 4:36 AM

Hello,

Start here:

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

While transferring the SIM from your old phone to the new one may work, a better approach is to work with your cellular carrier to get a new SIM card for your new phone:

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Note: the new phone may already have a SIM card. You would just need to work with your carrier to get it activated.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2021 4:36 AM in response to delaine112

Hello,

Start here:

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

While transferring the SIM from your old phone to the new one may work, a better approach is to work with your cellular carrier to get a new SIM card for your new phone:

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Note: the new phone may already have a SIM card. You would just need to work with your carrier to get it activated.

Good luck.

If I'm transferring from my old iphone to the new one, should the sim card be in the new phone? Will data transfer when the old phone has no sim card in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.