Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has the recent macOS 10.14.6 (18G9009) update removed Mail Manage Plug-In

It appears that the latest 10.14.6 update has removed the "Manage Plug-in" setting in Mail.

I tried all the terminal commands to re-enable it, such as "sudo defaults write “/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail” EnableBundles 1", "defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles -bool true", "defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles -bool YES", and "defaults write com.apple.mail BundleCompatibilityVersion 4", but nothing has worked.

I'm using SpamSieve to filter the barrage of junk mail and it now longer works since the update.

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 9:21 AM

4 replies

Feb 6, 2021 12:46 PM in response to Ken Auggie

This seems to be caused by a macOS bug where Mail no longer has access to read its own preferences. You can see this because changes made in the Preferences window are not retained when launching the app. One possible workaround is:

1. Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access.
  2. In Terminal, enter "open /usr/sbin" and press Return.
  3. Drag "cfprefsd" from that folder in Finder to the Full Disk Access list.

Feb 3, 2021 9:43 AM in response to Ken Auggie

I just applied the 10.14.6 (18G8012) update from yesterday and the Mail Plug-ins button is still on Mail > Preferences > General panel. There is no 18G9009 update pending in my Software update.

Attempting to apply defaults write commands intended for an earlier V4 Apple Mail when Mojave Mail is a V6 entity simply does not work as they are not supported in the .plist.

Check SpamSieve's site to determine if they have updated version software available.

Has the recent macOS 10.14.6 (18G9009) update removed Mail Manage Plug-In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.