Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Restore back up on new phone because I only have one apple device

My new iphone is asking me to go to my other apple device to find the verification code to continue to restore my back up, but there is no other apple device. How can I restore my phone with this being my only apple product?

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 2:14 PM

Hi John, since you have a backup you likely had an iPhone before. Did you trade it or sell it and if so did you erase it (and thus remove it) from the list of devices under your Apple ID? I suspect that it is still showing under your Apple ID devices.

Don't know if this will work but may be worth a try. Initially set up your new iPhone as New without the backup but using your Apple ID. Then go to Settings / Apple ID and see if your old phone shows up there. If it does, select it and remove it. Then erase your new phone and try to set it up with the backup. This is a pain, I know, but it is the only option that comes to mind. Hope it helps. If not others may have better ideas.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2021 2:14 PM in response to john555a

Hi John, since you have a backup you likely had an iPhone before. Did you trade it or sell it and if so did you erase it (and thus remove it) from the list of devices under your Apple ID? I suspect that it is still showing under your Apple ID devices.

Don't know if this will work but may be worth a try. Initially set up your new iPhone as New without the backup but using your Apple ID. Then go to Settings / Apple ID and see if your old phone shows up there. If it does, select it and remove it. Then erase your new phone and try to set it up with the backup. This is a pain, I know, but it is the only option that comes to mind. Hope it helps. If not others may have better ideas.

Can't Restore back up on new phone because I only have one apple device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.