Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

News App on MacBook Pro 13 missing

Hello,

(4 Feb 2021)

I cannot find the Apple News App on MacBook Pro and need help finding / re-installing. This problem has existed since late 2020.

Currently:

• MacBook Pro 13
  • running macOS Big Sur 11.2
  • Australia region (for App Store etc)
  • have News+ subscription (which works on iPhone)

Any thoughts for solutions please.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 11:31 AM

The News application is in every mac running Catalina or Big Sur, but it may be hidden, depending on region (I know because I am in Portugal, and still I have it on my mac).

Try going to the Applications folder and pressing command-shift-period to show hidden files.

You will see News

4 replies

Feb 4, 2021 6:33 AM in response to aidypoos

aidypoos wrote:

• Hello,
(4 Feb 2021)
I cannot find the Apple News App on MacBook Pro and need help finding / re-installing. This problem has existed since late 2020.

Currently:
MacBook Pro 13
• running macOS Big Sur 11.2
• Australia region (for App Store etc)
• have News+ subscription (which works on iPhone)

Any thoughts for solutions please.

see if there is anything here—

How to get Apple News outside of the U.S., U.K., Canada, and ...

reference:

Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Feb 4, 2021 7:23 AM in response to leroydouglas

(4 Feb 2021) Thanks leroydouglas - I have seen this information - and it confirms I should be able to access Apple News as I am in The Australian region (and already subscribing to the Apple News service).

I have previously (2020) had the Apple News App installed on Mac and at some time it has disappeared. Now I cannot find it on the App Store to re-install.

News App on MacBook Pro 13 missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.