Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I just “add” music to my Apple Music library does it take up any storage at all whatsoever?

When I just “add” music to my Apple Music library does it take up any storage at all whatsoever? From I cloud?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 11:45 AM

Greetings bainf94,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems you're curious if adding music to your Apple Music library will affect the storage on your iOS device.

The storage will only be affected when you download music for offline listening, and adding music to your library will not use device or iCloud storage. You are limited to 100,000 songs in your Music library: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 11:45 AM in response to bainf94

Greetings bainf94,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems you're curious if adding music to your Apple Music library will affect the storage on your iOS device.

The storage will only be affected when you download music for offline listening, and adding music to your library will not use device or iCloud storage. You are limited to 100,000 songs in your Music library: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Kind regards.

When I just “add” music to my Apple Music library does it take up any storage at all whatsoever?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.