Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6sPlus crashes occasionally when selecting some apps

Occasionally when selecting an app my iPhone 6sPlus crashes, reboots itself and all is good. It occurs two or three times a week and not with the same app.

I have the latest iOS installed but it did this with the previous OS as well.

This has only recently started happening in the past couple of months.

Thank you for any help.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 2:18 PM

Hello there derekfromwhangarei,

We'd like to see how we can help with your iPhone and its performance.

Check out the following articles for help with your battery life and performance of the iPhone:

iPhone Battery and Performance

If you notice your battery the cause of the issue, check out the following guide:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

After reviewing those articles, keep us updated on your finding.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2021 2:18 PM in response to derekfromwhangarei

Hello there derekfromwhangarei,

We'd like to see how we can help with your iPhone and its performance.

Check out the following articles for help with your battery life and performance of the iPhone:

iPhone Battery and Performance

If you notice your battery the cause of the issue, check out the following guide:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

After reviewing those articles, keep us updated on your finding.

Take care.

Feb 13, 2021 2:36 PM in response to CarlAVII

CarlAVII,

Thank you for your response and apologize for the delay in coming back to you. I took the time to read the articles you mentioned. They were extremely informative and I learned a lot from them.

Whether the battery is creating the problem I have I am not certain but I am thinking it maybe does.

The 6sPlus phone, I have was handed down to me by my daughter when she upgraded, I previously had the 6 and she was of the opinion the larger screen would be better for me, ( I am an older guy haha).

Just prior to her doing this she upgraded her battery and I did reiterate to her to make sure she went to a registered Apple service store. As I did when I upgraded the 6 battery.

I am not overly certain the store was certified for Apple-specific repairs but Ok for sales and service of a general nature for other brands. She probably thought this was Ok.

So not being certain I have an Apple battery installed but a copy, then maybe my issue is due to this. I would not bother getting this checked or out install a correct Apple battery as would rather up-date my phone in the near future.

Our Apple-certified repair store moved towns last year so I would have to send or take the phone to Auckland.

Is it possible that this is the reason for my issue, the battery may not handle the situation at the time. My battery state is 95%.

Kind regards

Derek

iPhone 6sPlus crashes occasionally when selecting some apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.