Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting apps

I can’t delete an app. When I press « delete this app » the app is not disappearing. It just goes to the library of apps. What should I do to delete it from my iPhone?

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 11:23 PM

There are some apps that cannot be deleted and these apps are the ones that are Apple Stock apps. If you are not talking about an Apple published app then you may have restrictions set to ON in Screen Time.

Open Settings ➔ Screen Time ➔ Content & Privacy Restrictions ➔ iTunes & App Store Purchases ➔ Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2021 11:23 PM in response to Ivanchern11

There are some apps that cannot be deleted and these apps are the ones that are Apple Stock apps. If you are not talking about an Apple published app then you may have restrictions set to ON in Screen Time.

Open Settings ➔ Screen Time ➔ Content & Privacy Restrictions ➔ iTunes & App Store Purchases ➔ Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW.

Axel F.

Deleting apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.