You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple one vs individual icloud storage

Hi,

How do I separate sharing of the apple one's 200GB from my own 200GB? I obviously only want to share the family 200GB but I can only see option to share it (the whole 400 from apple one and my own plan) or not.

Can you please advise?

thanks

Michal

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 12:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 1:56 AM

When you accept the trial version of Apple One Family plan you get an additional 200GB of storage. If you already have a 200GB plan the two parallel plans combine for the duration of the trail to become 400GB.

At the end of the trial you have two choices. If you decline to continue into the paid Apple One service you will loose the 200GB from Apple One and return to your 200GB iCloud storage plan. If you accept the paid Apple One subscription your iCloud storage plan billing will cease and you will go forward with a 200GB Apple One storage plan. Note that none of your iCloud content is affected; this is purely the administrative side of your storage plan.

Apple details all this in this support document.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2021 1:56 AM in response to xSonKunx

When you accept the trial version of Apple One Family plan you get an additional 200GB of storage. If you already have a 200GB plan the two parallel plans combine for the duration of the trail to become 400GB.

At the end of the trial you have two choices. If you decline to continue into the paid Apple One service you will loose the 200GB from Apple One and return to your 200GB iCloud storage plan. If you accept the paid Apple One subscription your iCloud storage plan billing will cease and you will go forward with a 200GB Apple One storage plan. Note that none of your iCloud content is affected; this is purely the administrative side of your storage plan.

Apple details all this in this support document.

Apple one vs individual icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.