Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where has the Trash can gone?

I have a couple of desktop computers that I keep close to current with OS updates, but both don't have a trash can on their desktops. Is this strange behaviour or has Apple decided that we shouldn't delete files any more?

Search of the hard drive via File Finder yields nothing that makes sense. Several APPS generate their own trash folders but this is not the global one for my computer.

Two OS versions involved are 10.15.7 on a MacBook Air and 10.14.6 on a Mac Desktop.

Help would be appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 2:15 AM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2021 4:27 AM in response to Peter Marsh

Peter Marsh wrote:

I have a couple of desktop computers that I keep close to current with OS updates, but both don't have a trash can on their desktops. Is this strange behaviour or has Apple decided that we shouldn't delete files any more?

Search of the hard drive via File Finder yields nothing that makes sense. Several APPS generate their own trash folders but this is not the global one for my computer.

Two OS versions involved are 10.15.7 on a MacBook Air and 10.14.6 on a Mac Desktop.

Help would be appreciated.

Desktop or Dock?

-------------------------------------------------

Where has the Trash can gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.