Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Iriun Webcam on M1 Air Big Sur

I just got my M1 Air an have an issue using the Iriun webcam app. When I got it running on my 2020 MacBook Air with Catalina, I had to change the code signing for the app via Terminal:

codesign --remove-signature /Applications/zoom.us.app

Another version requires you to install X-Code first and then do that. It works.

On my M1 Air, though, with the latest version of Iriun (IriunWebcam-2.4.4), I run into trouble.

First, when I go to the "Video" preferences tab on Zoom settings, it freezes up for a while and then only shows FaceTime HD camera when it loads.

Then, when I do that terminal change, I get a Big Sur notification that the app cannot be opened due to permissions.

With the M1 chip version of Zoom, I get the permissions issue. With the Intel version (latest version), it opens but freezes up forever on the settings page.

I would appreciate any tips! Thank you.

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 3:56 PM

Found a solution!

Iriun developer told me that this whole process is not necessary anymore on M1 / Big Sur.

I fully uninstalled zoom and iriun too, and re-installed. Then Iriun was giving me a really really weird kind of blown out, black and white, very abstract image within the zoom preview (even with normal feed on the iriun Mac app itself).

My solution was to tick the "HD" option in the zoom camera settings.. and it resolved the issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2021 3:56 PM in response to Juliancheh

Found a solution!

Iriun developer told me that this whole process is not necessary anymore on M1 / Big Sur.

I fully uninstalled zoom and iriun too, and re-installed. Then Iriun was giving me a really really weird kind of blown out, black and white, very abstract image within the zoom preview (even with normal feed on the iriun Mac app itself).

My solution was to tick the "HD" option in the zoom camera settings.. and it resolved the issue.

Issue with Iriun Webcam on M1 Air Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.