Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I return an app to the home screen after moving it to the app library? There is no option to "Add to Home Screen" after removing it

There is no option to "Add to Home Screen" when I search for the app and tap and hold it. It is as if there is no reverse of adding to the app library.

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 8:02 AM

from the search field, there is not a pop up menu

From your Home Screen, swipe left until you get to the App Library.

Swipe downward and you'll get an alphabetical list of your apps.

Locate the app in the list or type the app name into the search field

Once you've located the app, tap/hold until it raises/selects, then drag it and it'll pop out to your Home Screen

If you locate the app in the presorted categories, you can tap/hold on the app icon there and it'll give you the option to move to the Home Screen

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 8:02 AM in response to logantchad

from the search field, there is not a pop up menu

From your Home Screen, swipe left until you get to the App Library.

Swipe downward and you'll get an alphabetical list of your apps.

Locate the app in the list or type the app name into the search field

Once you've located the app, tap/hold until it raises/selects, then drag it and it'll pop out to your Home Screen

If you locate the app in the presorted categories, you can tap/hold on the app icon there and it'll give you the option to move to the Home Screen

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

How do I return an app to the home screen after moving it to the app library? There is no option to "Add to Home Screen" after removing it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.