Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing preferences

Every application I want to print from in the OS defaults to two-sided printing. Is there a way to switch this off? System printing preferences or something? I almost never want to do two-sided printing.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 12:32 PM

Tom Wolsky,

We appreciate you providing us that information. If you go to File > Print > Show Details > Presets, you should see the “Save Current Settings as Preset…" option. Use this resource as reference: Save your Mac print settings to use later - Apple Support

Take care!

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 9, 2021 6:01 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom Wolsky, we appreciate you posting here in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're looking to disable two-sided printing, and we'd be happy to help. When you attempt to print, click on "File" in the Menu bar > Print. From here, you should have a few options within the Print dialog. Check to see if there's a "Two-sided" or "Duplex" option. If so, let's disable it from there. Choose settings in the Print dialog on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers!

Feb 9, 2021 7:26 AM in response to SnickZ.

Thank you very much for your reply. The support document you linked makes two references to popup menus

Presets pop-up menu

You can save a group of print settings as a preset, then choose the preset from the pop-up menu to use the settings again for other print jobs.

Print options pop-up menu

Choose settings for paper handling, page layout, media type, and more. The options in this pop-up menu, and the ones below it, change depending on your printer and the app you’re using.

Where do these appear? The only popup menu in the Printer dialog is this one

Within the dialog I can uncheck two-sided, but I have to do that every time I access the print dialog in every application. Perhaps if I could find the two popups referred to I might have more success.

Thank you again.

Printing preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.