Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change screen orientation on an iPad mini 4?

The Apple support website says to use the Rotation Lock button, but there is no such button on the iPad.

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 3:11 PM

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 3:11 PM in response to kaerophil

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful.

How do I change screen orientation on an iPad mini 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.