Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi

My Iphone WiFi button is grayed so I cant even turn on WiFi. How do I fix this? I already tried resetting network settings and phone.

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 4:50 PM

Is your Bluetooth switch also greyed out? If it is your phone’s radio chip has probably failed; you will need to contact Apple support to arrange for a repair.

You can try restoring the phone to factory settings using your computer→Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support, then testing before you restore your backup. If this doesn’t fix it then it’s definitely hardware.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 4:50 PM in response to Samuel2414

Is your Bluetooth switch also greyed out? If it is your phone’s radio chip has probably failed; you will need to contact Apple support to arrange for a repair.

You can try restoring the phone to factory settings using your computer→Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support, then testing before you restore your backup. If this doesn’t fix it then it’s definitely hardware.

Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.