Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old apple tv with software 3.0.2 . I’m using the correct Apple ID and password but it keeps showing an error message that either ID or password is incorrect. I’ve reset it to factory settings but it didn’t help.

I have an old apple tv with software 3.0.2 . I’m using the correct Apple ID and password but it keeps showing an error message that either ID or password is incorrect. I’ve reset it to factory settings but it didn’t help.

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 11:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 11:27 PM

ROHITKDL Said:

"I have an old apple tv with software 3.0.2 . I’m using the correct Apple ID and password but it keeps showing an error message that either ID or password is incorrect. I’ve reset it to factory settings but it didn’t help."

-------

Four Thoughts

A. Try a New Power Session:

1. Unplug: the Apple TV
  2. Wait: for 30 Seconds
  3. Plug: it back in

B. Restart your Router:

See if restarting your router does the trick.

C. Remove Account - Add it Back:

If that does not work, try remove, then signing back into, your Apple ID in the settings. Remove it form Apple ID and iCloud

D. Update your Apple TV:

Check for updates on your Apple TV - Compatibility might be the culprit, and an update might fix that.

How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 11:27 PM in response to ROHITKDL

ROHITKDL Said:

"I have an old apple tv with software 3.0.2 . I’m using the correct Apple ID and password but it keeps showing an error message that either ID or password is incorrect. I’ve reset it to factory settings but it didn’t help."

-------

Four Thoughts

A. Try a New Power Session:

1. Unplug: the Apple TV
  2. Wait: for 30 Seconds
  3. Plug: it back in

B. Restart your Router:

See if restarting your router does the trick.

C. Remove Account - Add it Back:

If that does not work, try remove, then signing back into, your Apple ID in the settings. Remove it form Apple ID and iCloud

D. Update your Apple TV:

Check for updates on your Apple TV - Compatibility might be the culprit, and an update might fix that.

How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.