You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Notes App doesn’t display copied text

when I copy the body of an email from my gmail and paste it into my Apple Notes app on my iPhone running on iOS 14.4, I’m unable to read the notes.

I tried setting the “Note background” setting of Notes App on iPhone. When I set it to light, I can no longer see the text I pasted into notes app, when I set it to dark, it is so dark that I can barely read from it.

something in iOS update 14.4 is causing it. It didn’t happen this way before. Did anyone else run into this?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 1:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 9:41 AM

Hi there sakkanap,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with reading your notes when copying them from Gmail over to the Notes app, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To begin, restart your iPhone, and test for the issue again.

Also, check to see if this occurs with everything you copy into the Notes app, or only from specific emails.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2021 9:41 AM in response to sakkanap

Hi there sakkanap,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with reading your notes when copying them from Gmail over to the Notes app, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To begin, restart your iPhone, and test for the issue again.

Also, check to see if this occurs with everything you copy into the Notes app, or only from specific emails.

Cheers!

Apple Notes App doesn’t display copied text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.