Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I permanently delete tabs in Safari (macOS)

When trying to create a new Tab, Safari decided to assign all my favorites (903 sites) to tabs. I can't seem to delete these tabs - I close them all, and the next time Safari opens, they all return (and it takes 30 seconds or more for Safari to open. I have created a new Saved Tabs folder in Bookmarks, and I can select that to get only the tabs I want - but when restarting Safari, all 900 tabs reappear. How can I stop this from happening? (BigSur, 11.2)

David

iMac Pro

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 12:48 PM

Hello HamsterDR,

It looks like you're not able to create a new tab or open Safari without 903 tabs from your favorites opening at that time. Making sure Safari opens to the webpage you prefer and limit the amount of tabs you see when opening is important. We're glad you reached out for help.

To change the preferences set up for Safari when you open the app check out the link below.

Change General preferences in Safari on Mac

We hope this helps resolve the issue you're having with opening a new window. Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 12:48 PM in response to HamsterDR

Hello HamsterDR,

It looks like you're not able to create a new tab or open Safari without 903 tabs from your favorites opening at that time. Making sure Safari opens to the webpage you prefer and limit the amount of tabs you see when opening is important. We're glad you reached out for help.

To change the preferences set up for Safari when you open the app check out the link below.

Change General preferences in Safari on Mac

We hope this helps resolve the issue you're having with opening a new window. Take care!

How can I permanently delete tabs in Safari (macOS)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.