Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems connecting iPad 7th Gen (2019) to HDMI Projector

Hello there!

As a quick note, sorry if the device info says "iPad 6th Gen WiFi", for some reason I can't find the iPad 7th Gen on the device list of this forum.

Just recently, I got the idea of connecting my iPad to a TV or projector, as this would be really helpful for my daily tasks and other personal stuff. So I updated my iPad and decided to give it a shot.

Because I have a projector and an HDMI cable, as well as a USB to Lightning cable adapter, I decided to try it out and connect my iPad to my projector. When i tries connecting it via the USB por on the projector, nothing happened, so i figured out i may need to connect it via HDMI. Because of this, I bought a HDMI to USB adapter for the HDMI cable I previously had.

Now, I guessed this would work and my iPad would be able to connect to the projector, but this wasn't the case. I connected the cables, turned on the projector, and put it in HDMI mode, but it gave me the "no signal" screen.

This being said, is there anything I'm doing wrong? Or is there any configurations I need to make on my iPad?

Thank you in advance. Cheers!

iPad (6th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 1:43 PM

Hello anxiousanimal,

Connecting your iPad to a projector is a wonderful feature of your iPad, and there is a way to do so. The right way to do so would be to use a Lightning Digital AV Adapter or Lightning to VGA adapter, and then connect the HDMI or VGA adapter to your iPad using that adapter the projector. That information can also be found in the following article.

Connect iPad to an TV, projector, or monitor with a cable

Have a great day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 1:43 PM in response to anxiousanimal

Hello anxiousanimal,

Connecting your iPad to a projector is a wonderful feature of your iPad, and there is a way to do so. The right way to do so would be to use a Lightning Digital AV Adapter or Lightning to VGA adapter, and then connect the HDMI or VGA adapter to your iPad using that adapter the projector. That information can also be found in the following article.

Connect iPad to an TV, projector, or monitor with a cable

Have a great day!

Problems connecting iPad 7th Gen (2019) to HDMI Projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.