Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.4 mail app issues

Hi! I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Ever since the 14.4 update, I often get a problem with the mail app not working. I can’t delete mail messages. It doesn’t download new mail. If I try to read a message I get an error saying that it doesn’t exist. This is for gmail as well as Apple mail accounts.

Force restarting seems to temporarily fix the issue, but it will always end up starting again after a few hours or days. Signing in and out of all my accounts doesn’t help.

Has anyone else had this issue?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 2:36 PM

Hi there ModeratelyDinosaur,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having issues with the Mail app not working correctly, and we'd be happy to provide you with the best steps.

To started, you've done some great steps to troubleshoot the issue yourself. Going forward, let's try removing and reinstalling the app with the steps listed in this link here: Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keeps us updated with the results after these steps, and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 2:36 PM in response to ModeratelyDinosaur

Hi there ModeratelyDinosaur,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having issues with the Mail app not working correctly, and we'd be happy to provide you with the best steps.

To started, you've done some great steps to troubleshoot the issue yourself. Going forward, let's try removing and reinstalling the app with the steps listed in this link here: Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keeps us updated with the results after these steps, and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

Feb 10, 2021 2:56 PM in response to ModeratelyDinosaur

ModeratelyDinosaur,

Thanks for giving that additional step a try.

Based off the information you've provided, and steps that you've already gone through, at this time we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly at this link here: Get Support - Apple

From that link choose iPhone > Apps & Features > Mail questions or troubleshooting. From there you should see a few options to reach out, depending on your location.

Take care!

Mar 19, 2021 8:57 AM in response to ModeratelyDinosaur

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose having issues with email since the 14.4 update. I manage over 500 iPads and all of the ones that were updated to 14.4 are having email issues. The Native Mail app doesn't send new messages, and the Gmail app shows "No Connection". I've tried removing and reinstalling the Gmail app but I get a "Something went wrong" message and it asks me to sign back in. I've tried to update the device to 14.4.1 in hopes that it would get resolved with the next update, but I still get the same errors. I've spoken to Google, Jamf, and Apple about this, but no one is saying anything. Was starting to wonder if it was just me.

Apr 17, 2021 3:53 AM in response to ModeratelyDinosaur

I have the iPhone 11pro and the email issue I have is: my email returns no matter how many times I delete them. My daughter has the 11 with the same issue. After spending so much $$ on these phones, it’s so frustrating to have such a major issue. I got my phone shortly after the 11’s were released, now 12’s have been released and we STILL have this issue with 11’s. REALLY APPLE, how about fixing this ANNOYING issue, waste so much time deleting emails over and over just for them to show back up. I assume at some point it will stop working from being so full. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE ASAP!!! Or give me us new phones this is totally unacceptable!!

May 2, 2021 1:40 AM in response to ModeratelyDinosaur

I have exactly the same issue as ModeratelyDinosaur. Keep rebooting phone, fine for a few hours, but than unable to get emails or when I click in the email app page is white. This is so frustrating as I use my email app for work emails. I have bought Apple phones/ products since they began but don’t think I will be again as this is a HUGE issue for me. I am gutted.

May 23, 2021 6:25 PM in response to ModeratelyDinosaur

I’m having the same problem with my iPad since 14.4 update. It appears some gmail isn’t getting through. Mail is really messed up. I’ve tried deleting gmail that made it worse so it’s back now. I’ve looked at all mail settings to make sure I didn’t have it wrong. It’s ok. Forced restart a few times. No go.

It has affected gmail. I have a whole list of gmails in mail account. I’ve tried to delete. It won’t delete them.

pits driving me nuts. I’ve been trying to speak with a women from China and it’s not working.

Its really difficult to even explain.

iOS 14.4 mail app issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.