Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS icon folder problem on dock

l change my folder icon on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7. When I move it to Dock, it shows as a standard one . l have tried .icns, .jpg. png, restarting, shutting down my laptop and other stuff but it is still the same. Is it as it should be?

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 7:55 AM

JMFSanz wrote:

l change my folder icon on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7. When I move it to Dock, it shows as a standard one . l have tried .icns, .jpg. png, restarting, shutting down my laptop and other stuff but it is still the same. Is it as it should be?

What is " my folder " ?

Are you dropping it on the far right side of the Dock?

.icn is probably not the format you want to use— .icn it is typically a complex of many images sizes

You can change the View on the Dock by Control (right) clicking>Display as Folder

Organize files in stacks on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 7:55 AM in response to JMFSanz

JMFSanz wrote:

What is " my folder " ?

Are you dropping it on the far right side of the Dock?

.icn is probably not the format you want to use— .icn it is typically a complex of many images sizes

You can change the View on the Dock by Control (right) clicking>Display as Folder

Organize files in stacks on Mac - Apple Support

Mac OS icon folder problem on dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.