Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.4 a likely suspect in broken Bluetooth capability with Panasonic Wireless Phone (DECT)

My iPhone has been paired with my Panasonic KX-TG175C Cordless Phone Set successfully for the past year. It's a nice feature as cell phone calls will ring through to the landline via bluetooth. However, since upgrading to IOS 14.4 the bluetooth connection was broken and cannot be repaired. I have tried all of the usual things: restart the iPhone, enable/disable bluetooth, power-cycle the Panasonic, reset Network settings.... although PANASONIC DECT shows up in the Bluetooth Device list (unpaired), any attempt to pair fails. All was well before IOS 14.4, so it would seem this upgrade broke the Bluetooth pairing capability with Panasonic phones.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 7:18 AM

Thanks for your response; it took a power re-cycle of the Panasonic Base station, a power recycle of the iPhone and a network reset but I was finally able to establish the blue tooth connection to the Panasonic Dect land line wireless phoneset.

3 replies

Feb 10, 2021 6:39 PM in response to DH_Zoso

Hi, DH_Zoso,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If we understand, since updating to iOS 14.4, you are having trouble connecting your iPhone to your Panasonic cordless phone. We're happy to help!

When trying to pair the Panasonic with your iPhone, make sure you that you are following Panasonic's instructions for pairing: How to pair a cellular phone using the Link to Cell feature. - Panasonic, as well as Apple's information: Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. You may have to set the Panasonic phone(s) up in a specific way to get it working.

You can use Panasonic's troubleshooting if you continue to have trouble after that: Troubleshooting - Cannot connect or pair a cellular a phone to the base unit. - Panasonic.

If you still need help, please get in touch with Panasonic directly: Need More Help? - Panasonic.

Have a good day.

IOS 14.4 a likely suspect in broken Bluetooth capability with Panasonic Wireless Phone (DECT)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.