Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep my iPad battery plugged in 24/7

I keep my iPad Pro plugged in 24/7 is that harmful to leave it charging when it is charged now when I unplug it I get about 1min of screen time then battery goes dead I’m asking is it ok to keep plugged into charger

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 10:39 AM

Leaving the iPad connected to the Power Adapter for extended periods will not harm the iPad. This mode of operation is common in kiosk applications.

You should note, however, that the battery must have some level of charge for the iPad to power-on and initially boot. Your description might suggest that your iPad battery is nearing the end of its service-life - and may critically fail at any time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 10:39 AM in response to bofromjupiter

Leaving the iPad connected to the Power Adapter for extended periods will not harm the iPad. This mode of operation is common in kiosk applications.

You should note, however, that the battery must have some level of charge for the iPad to power-on and initially boot. Your description might suggest that your iPad battery is nearing the end of its service-life - and may critically fail at any time.

I keep my iPad battery plugged in 24/7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.