Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather selection on my iMac

How can I change a map location for weather on my iMac? I do not live in Cupertino. It is not in the System Preferences. I am using Big Sur for my iMac.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 4:34 PM

It does not work with F6. No idea. But, I was able to turn on my map location because it was off. I clicked on the weather and I saw the word for a widget at the bottom so I was able to click that widget button. The Location Service was disabled before and that was the problem. Thank you for solving the problem!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 4:34 PM in response to VikingOSX

It does not work with F6. No idea. But, I was able to turn on my map location because it was off. I clicked on the weather and I saw the word for a widget at the bottom so I was able to click that widget button. The Location Service was disabled before and that was the problem. Thank you for solving the problem!

Feb 9, 2021 1:08 PM in response to jeffexplorer

Press F6 to expose the Edit Widgets panel that slides out from your right screen edge.

Click Edit widgets, and then click once on the weather widget. Once it is displayed with Cupertino, right-click on the Weather widget to edit it. If you have Location Services enabled, you can click My Location, and then Done.

If you don't have Location Services enabled, then click My Location and an entry window will appear where you can enter the city, state of your location, or nearest location. Once you have done this, then click Done. You can always right-click on the weather widget and choose its presentation size, and information displayed.

Weather selection on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.