Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor fails to burn Blu Ray disc

Upgraded to a 2020 iMac with all the bells and whistles but now find that my Samsung external disc burner won't burn blu-rays anymore. So I bought myself a band new Pioneer burner and got the same result. That's $150 I won't see again.

So then I checked the routine I've been using for the past couple of years ~ export a master file from FCPX, drop the created .mov file into Compressor and . . . no joy. Gets stuck reading "Finishing: Waiting for Create Disc to finish"

Tried to create a disc image with the same problem.

Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 1:44 PM

Yes it does . . . but . . . after fidgeting around for a few hours yesterday I finally got it to work by clearing all related files, upgrading firmware on my "new" burner, restarting the Mac and then beginning again from scratch.

I have no idea what I did differently but it worked OK this time around.

Hopefully there'll be no problem in future.

Thanks for you interest.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2021 1:44 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Yes it does . . . but . . . after fidgeting around for a few hours yesterday I finally got it to work by clearing all related files, upgrading firmware on my "new" burner, restarting the Mac and then beginning again from scratch.

I have no idea what I did differently but it worked OK this time around.

Hopefully there'll be no problem in future.

Thanks for you interest.

Compressor fails to burn Blu Ray disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.