Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No usable data found when scanning QR code

I have restarted my iPhone 12 plus and it still will not scan the QR code from my Vizio tv. I am using the camera to scan with QR code scanning enabled.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 9:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 6:16 PM

Hey wpnsldr,

We see that you're having issues scanning a QR code from your iPhone, and we'd like to help!

Have you tried scanning another QR code besides the one from Vizio TV? This can help us further isolate the issue between the iPhone and the QR code that's provided to you by Vizio.

If you're only experiencing this issue with the QR code by Vizio, then we recommend that you contact Vizio directly to make sure there are no issues on their end.

If it happens with other QR codes, then it's possible that the QR code isn't being scanned correctly. Make sure that your iPhone camera is focused on the QR code to take a clear shot of it.

Also, check if you have any updates available for your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If there are updates available for your iPhone, be sure to back up the device before updating: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2021 6:16 PM in response to wpnsldr

Hey wpnsldr,

We see that you're having issues scanning a QR code from your iPhone, and we'd like to help!

Have you tried scanning another QR code besides the one from Vizio TV? This can help us further isolate the issue between the iPhone and the QR code that's provided to you by Vizio.

If you're only experiencing this issue with the QR code by Vizio, then we recommend that you contact Vizio directly to make sure there are no issues on their end.

If it happens with other QR codes, then it's possible that the QR code isn't being scanned correctly. Make sure that your iPhone camera is focused on the QR code to take a clear shot of it.

Also, check if you have any updates available for your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If there are updates available for your iPhone, be sure to back up the device before updating: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards.

No usable data found when scanning QR code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.