Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eye strain with new MacBook Air M1

I had a Retina MacBook Pro from 2013. I used it frequently in both daylight and night time. Never once did I feel eye strain.

I’ve had my new MacBook Air M1 for a few weeks, and I really love it. The instant on and long battery make it feel as convenient as my phone

But, in the evening when is gets darker, the eye strain is becoming a problem. I’ve adjusted brightness, I’ve increased and decreased the lights in my room, tried tone adjust both on and off. And also nightshift. (Both make matters worse when off).

As per previous posts, I think it’s something to do with the panel.

I also wish they would up the resolution on these machines. When doing graphic design, the new default of a scaled resolution makes things very wishy washy. A 1 pixel line gets a little blurred. Yet the space on a resolution that would be native, just isn’t enough for machines of these prices. I don’t think this helps with eye strain on devices this size

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 1:04 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Eye strain with new MacBook Air M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.