Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eye strain (pain) can't work

Hi

briefly about the problem: I can't work with my MacBook Pro M1 for a long time because I have eye pain. I had the same problem with my iPhone and in the settings I turned on "Reduce Whitepoint" and this helped me.

On MacOS I can't find this option and yes I tried to turn on the Night Shift, True Tone, Color Calibration (this all didn't help me). I hope somebody can give me some terminal command to Reduce Whitepoint like on iPhone or give some color settings like on the iPhone.

This problem is only with a Retina Display, any other displays are fine.

Please, don't say the same things as I got before (like, turn on Night Shift or go to Color Calibration, this doesn't help)

I hope somebody helps me, because I have this problem more than 4-5 month.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 2:21 PM

The only way to change the white point etc. is to create a customized color profile in System Preferences > Displays.

3 replies

Oct 22, 2021 4:35 PM in response to Ronwils

Have you tried Dark Mode on the iPhone and MBP? I have similar problems and have gone to the dark side on my 27" iMac. The white text on black background (also have a black Desktop picture) is much less stressful than black text on glaring white background. I also set the Accessibility/Display preference pane to this:

On the iPhone it's just selecting Dark Mode.

Oct 22, 2021 2:17 PM in response to Ronwils

Consult an eye care professional. Get a device that does not affect your eyes.

This reminans me of the old Saturday Night Live bit where one guy says to the other as he is poking himself in the eye with a stick how much it hurts. The other guy says "stop poking yourself in the eye."

This is not to suggest that you are not in pain nor that this is not a serious issue, but to rely on users like yourself to suggest a fix to a potential medical problem may not be the best course of action.

Eye strain (pain) can't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.