Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos App

Hi I've been trying to update my Etsy shop by importing photos from the Photos App. I can navigate to the app, select the correct folder but there is a spinning wheel in the bottom left hand corner like it's not loaded properly and I cannot select a photo. Any help greatly appreciated, I've updated my mac, closed and reopened my web browser and the the Photos app too. Still no luck! Thanks

MacBook

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 3:17 AM

Thanks I think I've solved the problem! It was actually only happening on some websites. Although I'd updated my Mac from the auto update menu, it had only taken me to High Sierra, I figured that that was the latest update because my mac book is set to auto update. Turns out that Ben Sur is the latest operating system. I had to go on to the apple website and install it from there, not sure why it hasn't been keeping up to date and I'm not very tech savvy so I just wasn't aware what the latest OS was. Thanks so much for all your help!! :)

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 3:17 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks I think I've solved the problem! It was actually only happening on some websites. Although I'd updated my Mac from the auto update menu, it had only taken me to High Sierra, I figured that that was the latest update because my mac book is set to auto update. Turns out that Ben Sur is the latest operating system. I had to go on to the apple website and install it from there, not sure why it hasn't been keeping up to date and I'm not very tech savvy so I just wasn't aware what the latest OS was. Thanks so much for all your help!! :)

Feb 12, 2021 6:09 AM in response to 0808jane

I had to go on to the apple website and install it from there, not sure why it hasn't been keeping up to date and I'm not very tech savvy so I just wasn't aware what the latest OS was. Thanks so much for all your help!! :)

An auto update will only happen for the minor updates of your current system version (mostly security updates and bug fixes). When Apple releases a major new release of your system (when the first number of the system version changes) and the functionality changes dramatically, you have to get the update manually. This makes sense, as you have to make sure, that the changes to the system are not critical for your current projects and you can afford the upgrade, while working on a critical project. The macOS 10.15 Catalina upgrade and macOS 11 Big Sur upgrade have made many older media formats incompatible and 32-bit applications can no longer run. Also, major system upgrades are not free updates and have to be purchased from the App Store (even if the purchase is currently free).

Photos App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.