Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 pro not working with CarPlay in 2018 mercedes

iPhone 12 pro not working with CarPlay in 2018 mercedes, voice calls are working, but the mercedes screen is a blur of colors so I can't use apple maps etc

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 1:59 PM

Hi. I had this same problem in my 2019 Kia Sorento and I did almost everything I could think of to get it fix. Even brought it to the dealer who couldn’t help me. My daughter informed me that I had to use a certified Apple charging cord to get it to work. So go to the Apple store or Apple.com to buy a new charging cord. Not one from any store. It has to be Apple. My car play works great now.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2021 1:59 PM in response to magpie158

Hi. I had this same problem in my 2019 Kia Sorento and I did almost everything I could think of to get it fix. Even brought it to the dealer who couldn’t help me. My daughter informed me that I had to use a certified Apple charging cord to get it to work. So go to the Apple store or Apple.com to buy a new charging cord. Not one from any store. It has to be Apple. My car play works great now.

iPhone 12 pro not working with CarPlay in 2018 mercedes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.