Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Carplay issues

I have same issues with carplay not connecting and sometimes I have to plug and unplug until it connects.

Recently I have been doing all of the iphone updates and I have noticed that the connection has improved. I am not able to say it's fixed, but I have been having a better experience with car play and my Jeep 2020. I was getting really frustrated but I feel like they are fixing the problem. Let me know if you have updated your phone and what is your experience.

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 7:30 AM

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is turned on, tap Allowed Apps and make sure CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car and then tap Forget This Car.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2023 7:30 AM in response to TheDarkKnightNinja2023

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is turned on, tap Allowed Apps and make sure CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car and then tap Forget This Car.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

Carplay issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.