Carplay not working on just my phone

I have tried everything apple recommends to fix my carplay not connecting and nothing has worked. I just went out and bought a new cord and that didn’t work either. My friends phones connect fine to it so it’s my phone but I have no idea what it could be. Please help! It’s so frustrating.

iPhone 14

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 10:29 AM

I understand how frustrating this situation can be. When CarPlay is not working on just your phone, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. **Restart both your iPhone and car:** Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches.

2. **Check CarPlay settings on your iPhone:** Go to "Settings" on your iPhone, then "General" > "CarPlay." Ensure that your car's infotainment system is listed and selected.

3. **Update iOS:** Make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that could address CarPlay issues.

4. **Reset network settings:** Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings." Note that this will remove Wi-Fi passwords and other network settings, so make sure you have them handy.

5. **Reset all settings:** If the previous steps didn't work, you can try a more comprehensive reset by going to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings." This will not erase your data, but it will reset all settings to their default values.

6. **Check for restrictions:** Make sure there are no restrictions enabled that could prevent CarPlay from working. Go to "Settings" > "Screen Time" > "Content & Privacy Restrictions" and ensure that CarPlay is allowed.

If you've tried all these steps and CarPlay still isn't working on your phone, it's possible that there might be a hardware issue or a more specific software-related problem with your device. In this case, I recommend reaching out to Apple Support or visiting an Apple Store to get personalized assistance and diagnostics for your iPhone.

They will be able to guide you through further troubleshooting and provide the best solution to get CarPlay working on your phone again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 10:29 AM in response to mallorybarness

I understand how frustrating this situation can be. When CarPlay is not working on just your phone, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. **Restart both your iPhone and car:** Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches.

2. **Check CarPlay settings on your iPhone:** Go to "Settings" on your iPhone, then "General" > "CarPlay." Ensure that your car's infotainment system is listed and selected.

3. **Update iOS:** Make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that could address CarPlay issues.

4. **Reset network settings:** Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings." Note that this will remove Wi-Fi passwords and other network settings, so make sure you have them handy.

5. **Reset all settings:** If the previous steps didn't work, you can try a more comprehensive reset by going to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings." This will not erase your data, but it will reset all settings to their default values.

6. **Check for restrictions:** Make sure there are no restrictions enabled that could prevent CarPlay from working. Go to "Settings" > "Screen Time" > "Content & Privacy Restrictions" and ensure that CarPlay is allowed.

If you've tried all these steps and CarPlay still isn't working on your phone, it's possible that there might be a hardware issue or a more specific software-related problem with your device. In this case, I recommend reaching out to Apple Support or visiting an Apple Store to get personalized assistance and diagnostics for your iPhone.

They will be able to guide you through further troubleshooting and provide the best solution to get CarPlay working on your phone again.

Carplay not working on just my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.