Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen share between M1 and intel Mac

Hi

Is it possible to share "M1 MacBook Air" screen with "Intel based MacBook Pro" via the Screen Share feature in iMessage ?

Could someone try it and let me know.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 4:27 AM

8 replies

Feb 11, 2021 8:26 PM in response to Encryptor5000

Even I don't have a M1 to test the feature, there are always some which works like magic and some which don't. I just need someone who does have access to both of them do a test and confirm that it does work.

When I googled I did come across some issues with Screen Sharing of M1 MAC saying it should be in English language I am not sure if that is any way related to the iMessage screen sharing. Buying Mac is a lot of investment and I hope the thing which matters the most work and works reliably.

Feb 12, 2021 10:38 AM in response to bullet1

bullet1 wrote:

Buying Mac is a lot of investment and I hope the thing which matters the most work and works reliably.

Yes for sure.

You might want to consider purchasing an M1 Mac and testing with it. Apple does allow you to obtain a full refund (via the Order Status page) if you start the return process within the first 14 days of receiving your Mac.

Feb 12, 2021 10:59 AM in response to bullet1

I am not sure what "iMessage" screen sharing you are referring to,

but macOS Screen Sharing (set in System Preferences->Sharing) works

just fine. I have an M1 MacBook Air and can routinely "look" at my

older MacMini that I use as a home server and have also tested

sharing a late 2013 27" iMac with the MacBook Air and also the reverse

without any issue.

Screen share between M1 and intel Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.