Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing album artwork on Mac for purchased music

I've searched the community for similar topics but I have not seen a resolution nor a description similar to this.

1. This is for purchased music, and not music that I have ripped from my CD or vinyl collection.
  2. When I purchase music, the album artwork appears briefly, but the next time I open Music, the artwork is no longer there
  3. This happens only for some albums, not all albums have the same issue
  4. The artwork is fine on my iOS devices, only the Mac has missing artwork
  5. I primarily use my Mac to purchase music so it is unclear whether the artwork disappears only on the purchasing device or whether this is an OS X thing.
  6. "Get Album Artwork" has no effect, the artwork is still missing afterwards

Questions:

• Any way to recover the artwork without:
    • deauthorizing the computer
    • re-downloading or re-indexing everything
  • I am ok pasting in the artwork via "Get Info" for the album, but I prefer not to use artwork from Google images. Given the artwork did appear on my Mac briefly, is it still somewhere on my Mac?

TIA

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 8:48 AM

The original image ought to be embedded in the track and would normally be found in ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.AMPArtworkAgent/Data/Documents/artwork if cached properly. Does it show on the track in Finder or when viewing the Song Info > Artwork tab?

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Missing album artwork on Mac for purchased music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.