Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toolbar on top of the screen shows numbers next to the drop down options, how do i get rid of this?

The toolbar on top of the screen shows numbers next to the drop down options, how do i get rid of this?

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 11:37 AM

Use item number and grid overlays with Voice Control on Mac - Apple Support

Control your Mac and apps using Voice Control - Apple Support

Shorter version:

Turn off Voice Control

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Accessibility, then click Voice Control.
  2. Deselect Enable Voice Control.

Ask Siri. Say: “Turn off Voice Control.”

Learn how to ask Siri

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 11:37 AM in response to Bradleybear2

Use item number and grid overlays with Voice Control on Mac - Apple Support

Control your Mac and apps using Voice Control - Apple Support

Shorter version:

Turn off Voice Control

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Accessibility, then click Voice Control.
  2. Deselect Enable Voice Control.

Ask Siri. Say: “Turn off Voice Control.”

Learn how to ask Siri

Feb 11, 2021 11:13 AM in response to MrHoffman

I have just realised there is a little microphone tab on my screen I can move to where I want but does not close only has a "wake up" or "sleep" option. For example the numbers appear on the "menu" drop down (top left of my Mac) and if I wonder the mouse down over the options, a list of numbers appear next to the options and it has never done this before. How do I get rid of this little microphone it was a trick I seen for telling your Mac what to type on word instead of typing it yourself. It's sort of like a dictation. But now I can't get rid of it :(

Toolbar on top of the screen shows numbers next to the drop down options, how do i get rid of this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.