Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos and videos uploading slowly

Hi guys. I recently purchased a new iPhone 12. I backed up my pics and videos on iCloud before purchasing the phone.

now it’s been almost 5 days and most of my pics and videos are still not available. Worse still, the pics or videos that have seemed to upload, don’t start or open properly.

is this a normal thing? How long will it take to complete?

thanks in advance.

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 11:59 PM

You are not uploading but downloading pics and videos from iCloud, correct? 5 days in most cases is excessive to get your iPhone synced with iCloud. This, however, depends on total amount of data and the speed of your internet connection. The latter being the most important. Generally iCloud synching should be done when you go to bed and the iPhone is charging and connected to Wi-Fi.

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 11:59 PM in response to Coffeetonee

You are not uploading but downloading pics and videos from iCloud, correct? 5 days in most cases is excessive to get your iPhone synced with iCloud. This, however, depends on total amount of data and the speed of your internet connection. The latter being the most important. Generally iCloud synching should be done when you go to bed and the iPhone is charging and connected to Wi-Fi.

Axel F.

Photos and videos uploading slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.